It dawned on me the other night, as I put my daughter to bed and hurried downstairs to scarf down a few Oreos and some milk…and I didn’t have to share…that I am THAT mom.
I am THAT mom who:
- Rushes to the pantry as soon as the baby is asleep, to find a treat to enjoy alone
- Lets her child have chicken nuggets after she refuses what I made, just to avoid a fight
- Is in desperate need of a shower
- Is in desperate need of a haircut and a mani/pedi
- Goes to bed almost immediately after the baby does
- Blames being late on the child, even if it isn’t her fault
- Uses the baby as an excuse NOT to go out with friends
- Pretends to have it all together when out in public, but deep down is a MESS
- Blames her pudgy tummy on having a child…even over 2 years later
Yep, I am THAT mom, and many many more. I am also THAT mom who:
- Loves her child unconditionally
- Would sell every single thing she owns just to make sure my child had the life she deserves
- Would give her life for her child
- Wouldn’t hesitate to step up and confront anyone who poses a risk to her child
- Tries her hardest to be the perfect mom, when we all know that is not possible, no one is perfect
- Cries for her child when she is in pain
- Laughs with her child when she is happy
- Devotes her entire life to her child, and is raising her the best way she can…and is always looking to make things better.
I am proud to be all of these “moms.” You are only human, and no one is perfect and I am embracing that fully. I laughed out loud when I found myself eating Oreos and milk all alone, like a little kid that was doing something naughty. But you know what they were all mine!
Have you ever said to yourself “OMG I am THAT Mom!”
Until Next Time,
The Not-So-Single Mom
Get more MOMentous Motherhood in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list for FREE Printables, Funny & touching stories, Tasty recipes & Amazing products, hard to find anywhere else!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.