This week The Perfectionist Moms favorite smoothie recipe is revealed, I am calling it Very Berry Blast! Sounds like something you could get at Smoothie King or Jamba Juice right, in fact, it could be for all I know! I have to tell you it is awesome. I have learned some great tricks for making these even when it is cold out and I really don’t want one. The smoothie has become my new morning drink and while I miss my coffee more than my old waist line, this is a great alternative. Bonus! My EXTREMELY picky eater often drinks at least a third of mine so I have started making them a bit bigger than the recommended serving size.
Inside the Very Berry Blast –
- 1 1/2 Cups of Mixed frozen antioxidant berries (pomegranates, blueberries, cherries, raspberries and strawberries)
- One Whole Banana
- One big handful of Spinach
- Coconut or Almond Milk
- Two scoops of non-sweetened greek yogurt
- If you need a little extra warmth add a tablespoon of peanut butter (really any nut butter) or cocoa powder (I don’t do this all the time but it does add extra richness)
Now the parts I add for the fertility benefits are extra. Honestly they give the smoothie a nice texture and are still super good for you no matter why you add them.
- One tablespoon of Maca Root powder
- One tablespoon of Flax Seed (finely ground)
- Coconut Oil (just a little)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
Do you ever drink smoothies to replace meals? Have a great recipe? Please feel free to share with a link below where readers can find it!
Get more MOMentous Motherhood in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list for FREE Printables, Funny & touching stories, Tasty recipes & Amazing products, hard to find anywhere else!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.